Sesame/Ginger Noodles with Veggies
- 4 1/2 tbsp (68 ml) soy sauce
- 1 shallot,
- 1 1/2 tsp (8 ml) hot pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp (8 ml) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 1/4 tsp (12 ml)
- 9 tbsp (135 ml) vegetable
- 1 pkg (7 oz., 200 grams) rice
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups (480 ml) sliced mushrooms
cup (240 ml) snow peas
- 3 baby bok choy, "bulb" ends
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
sesame/ginger sauce, whisk together the ingredients and set aside. Just before
mixing with the noodles and veggies, warm the sauce for a few seconds in the
microwave, so that it does not cool the other ingredients.
Cook the noodles
according to package instructions. Usually this means bringing a pot of water
to a boil, removing it from the heat, and adding the noodles to stand for about
8 minutes. While the noodles are standing, heat the vegetable oil to a
medium/high and stir fry the carrots and mushrooms. When almost done, add the
snow peas and bok choy.
Add the noodles and sesame ginger sauce to the
veggies and mix well. Serve immediately with crusty French bread.