Mock Beef Stroganoff
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine
small onion, sliced
- 1 cup (240 ml) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pkg mock beef
strips (try Yves Beef Veggie Tenders or gardein beefless tips)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- 1 cup (240 ml) "beef" flavoured vegetable stock - e.g. Bisto
- 1 cup (240 ml) red wine
- 2 sprigs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Tofutti Sour Supreme
- 1 cup (240 ml) tagliatelle
In 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the margarine cook the onion and mushrooms
for about 3 minutes. Add the "beef" strips and brown for about 4 minutes. Set
the mixture aside, keeping it warm.
Start the pasta.
separate pan, melt the remaining 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine and mix in the flour
to make a roux. Add the "beef" stock, wine, and thyme and simmer until
thickened. Add the Dijon mustard and sour cream and warm through. Remove the
thyme sprigs. Mix in the onion/mushroom/"beef" mixture and heat until warm.
Serve over the pasta.